Naturally Blonde

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

I may play the fool at times but I'm a little more than just a pretty blonde girl with an ass that won't quit.

Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm Smarter Then All Of You!- Project Runway 2, Episode 11

Before we begin, I'd like to give a VERY special thank to the fabulous Rich at FourFour for lending me some screen caps. If you haven't been to his site, click that link! His recaps are spot on and ALWAYS hystercial! Thank you Rich!

Onto the show...

Crap...I miss Nick and Andrae really badly right now.

However, there is a shining light by the name of Austin Scarlett making an appearance this episode and I couldn't be more excited!

Know what's also exciting? We find out the definite top three for Fashion Week this episode. Like we didn't already know that Kara was the decoy, but whatev...

The episode starts and Kara reiterates that "Everyone is crazy" when doing a Santino impression. The impression wasn't actually half bad...she's got the whole demonic whispering thing down pat.

Next we get a gratuitous shot of Daniel V. with no shirt, shorts, slippers and cheerleader hair.

Yeah, I'd hit that.

You don't know what you're missing sweetie...

On another note, I just love that picture!

Okay, back to Project Runway...the producers then decide that it's necessarry to give us a shot of Santino in his underwear....

...again...

No, I'm not posting the picture...it's weird. And the producers can kiss my tootie for doing it in the first place.

Runway time. Heidi tells them that they are designing an evening gown, which we already knew would happen. Racheal is aufed, which we already knew would happen. Heidi also explains that the gown needs to be representative of their FW lines, which I already knew because I'm smart like that. And I took a lucky guess...

Our designers are whisked away by Tim to go visit with Fern Mallis who heads the company 7th on Sixth which coordinates all of the tents at Bryant Park and essentially decides who is in or out...see what I did there?

Anyway, our designers ask some rather intelligent questions which Fern answers like the pro she is. She says it always pays to be nice and everyone immediately thinks about Santino.

At least he's not in his undies, right?

The Santino backlash continues since he stopped being amusing two episodes ago and is now just rude and gaudy. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but he alienated the hell out of at least three other designers AND Nina Garcia...nerves of steel power bitch. That's rough man...

1 hour to sketch, and a $200 budget (right?) So they sketch away and I assume that they have been thinking about their fashion week lines for some time now and that it shouldn't be too much pressure to come up with something similar to what they've been pondering.

This excludes Kara of course, but I say that with love!

They make their way to Mood w/ Tim in tow and Santino discovers this fabric w/ pailletes on it that reminds me a lot of a purse I bought early last Spring (waayyy before everyone else went and bought one too...just for the record.)

He calls it a "great find" which it is but, if we know Santino (and of course we do) it's got whickety whack written ALL over it!

God I miss Nick:(

Tim's not happy about it either...

Santino is, but at the expense of his feelings since our dear Nick left a message in the ever-dwindling 35D for Daniel to go to the top. Santino says it's unfortunate that him and Nick grew apart or something and Daniel is like "It's unfortunate that your weird trekkie jumpsuit got him aufed"...or something.

At some point Daniel makes a sad attempt at being humble by telling the other designers that it could be him not making fashion week and everyone looks at him like he's insane.

If you looked up the phrases "Shoe-in", "Golden Boy", or "Darling of the Competition" in the dictionary they would all have glossy pictures of Daniel Vosovic all over the page.

Yeah, just like that one...anyway, Tim comes back and tells our designer that the fabulous Iman will be the guest judge and will choose one of the designs to wear to a red carpet event. Cool right? It's better then Ziggy Stardust...

Daniel thinks it's cool. He references the prospect of having Iman wear your design to "shitting a brick". I just have one question...will it come out the tootie?

In other episode news, there is a party at Suede that our designers are whisked away to attend. It actually seemed more like kidnapping judging by the reactions Tim got to telling them to leave their designs halfway through production, but that's alright.

It turned out to be the best kidnapping ever since, for one it was at Suede and Austin was there! The models, Heidi, Jay, Kara Saun and Michael Kors were also there, but Austin completely stole the show with his "You can never be too rich or too thin, I always say. I've already got the thin part down." And he wasn't kidding:

While he looked absolutely beautiful, I'm a little worried. The thin comment was very true...I don't need you turning into Nicole Richie here Austin...I like my fabulous gay designers able to function relatively well. Eat a cookie or something:)

The party was raging with Kara drinking

Jay telling Santino that he hopes he gets canned

and Rebecca and Heather thinking that Jay was HIlarious!

models are evil...funny and possibly tipsy, but evil

And then Michael Kors gave a (drunken) speech to butter the designers up for a beat down the next night...fun, right?!

Chloe claims to not know if she really wants to make fashion week to which the other designers are like "Fa' real?!" and "Are you crazy?" I think that if she's unsure, then there are about 12 other designers who ARE sure that they'd switch places with you. This comment comes back to bite Chloe in her ass when Santino, Daniel and Kara all choose her to not make Fashion Week when asked by Heidi. Not that those comments held ANY baring whatsoever on the decision, but that bite still hurt Chloe's behind.

The night before the show, Santino tells Daniel that he thinks his dress is nice and that he shouldn't worry, and Daniel responds with the snark I've come to love.

"Gee thanks, I'm just hoping to get by."

I knew there was a reason I loved him...aside from the obvious that is. You know, him being a fabulous designer and all...okay, so the snark could be construed as cockiness, but snark is just a prettier word.

It's runway day! Tim pretty much hates everything and thinks it's all boring.

I would have to agree.

*snooze*

Santino proceeds to do a Michael Kors impression about the Renaissance and I start to think that he sort of sounds like Will Ferrell impersonating Harry Carey. Anyone else seeing this?

But it works...

Michael ACTUALLY says "It's almost like you're saying to us, 'I'm smarter than all of you. I know you're all gonna say thre's too much shit all over this dress, but I'm gonna do it anyway and prove my point.'"

Not as funny, but far more poignant and true. Regardless, Santino makes it to FW on this ending note...

I had no idea Mermaid Chic was so hot right now...

Chloe's made Grace's butt look big...congrats Chloe, you've officially done the impossible!


The dress is super boring and I'm not a fan...what happened to Chloe? Sort of like What Happened to Andrae? but not nearly as funny and only 1/3 as fabulous.

Daniel wins...again. Like I said, Golden Boy!!

Did Iman really have a choice though?


Nina doesn't think so! Yes, Daniel's dress was beautiful...all of his pieces are, but it was boring. This is Iman guys! But more importantly, this is for Fashion Week...not to mention $100,000! To quote Michael Kors, I was underwhelmed, but what can you do? Daniel's only real competition for this win could have come from Kara.

Kara also made a beautiful, albeit simple, dress, but the hem on her dress was nonexistant. It was about 3 or 4 inches too short with hanging threads all over. I mean, come on! Hems aren't difficult...I know that for a fact.

So Kara was aufed and I wish that we had seen more from her. Her FW decoy show was flipping awesome, but it left me wondering why her designs were so bland on PR. Oh well, so Santino, Daniel and Chloe are still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top...oh wait, wrong show...my bad...

Funny note about the butt end of this show. Daniel comes backstage after his win and Santino is all "I won!" and Daniel totally pulls a Kara-ish "Are you crazy?" and informs Santino that he had in fact won. Too funny.

So Santino, didn't get to make a dress for Iman, but with three near aufing's he's lucky to be going to Fashion Week...

Daniel said that the dress fit Iman PERFECTLY and he was too cute with all of the excitement.

Next week, we have the reunion!

Nick is back!

Andrae is back!

Emmett is back!

Tim is cursing!!!

"Where the HELL is my chiffon?!"

Andrae, I don't know...but I'll help you find it;)

6 Comments:

Blogger LauraK said...

Great recap, AJ!

7:17 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger The Scarlett said...

Love the recap ... $300 budget this time.

9:35 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Tbone said...

So aj, is this what you do at work all day? :)

8:02 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger AJ said...

ourboydaniel, I LOVE the snark!

and yes tbone...this is exactly what I do all day...lol

9:20 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Jan the Dan Fan said...

Hi aj!

Fun recap!
Is that a Heineken Daniel is drinking??? I love him even more!

I'm on winter break-so drinks are on for this Wednesday!

11:04 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger eric3000 said...

Yeah, I think we'd all hit that! I was cracking up at that non sequitur photo!

4:25 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home