Naturally Blonde

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

I may play the fool at times but I'm a little more than just a pretty blonde girl with an ass that won't quit.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Beginning of the End- Project Runway 2, Episode 13

AKA, Finale Part 1

So I thought that we were a bit overloaded with information last night. Maybe I was just tired, but the episode felt really long to me. Not that I'm complaining, I mean I love me some PR, but it all felt a little strained to me.

On another note, this recap might suck a lot because I feel like crap, but what are ya gonna do??
Our designers part ways to go home for 7 months until New York Fashion Week. Daniel V. stays in New York, Santino goes home to LA and Chloe to Houston. Oh, Eden goes home too, but who didn't see that one coming?

I'm not really going to talk about the clothes we see until next week, esp since I already reviewed them from Fashion Week in the still photos. I'll hold my comments until I see them in motion...

So Tim gets to drive around in a phatty car all episode, and I'm jealous! This is the car the winner will get? Hot...like really hot...

He visits Santino first and we get a seriously humanized version of him. It becomes apparant that all of Santino's shit talking is actually a defense mechanism. Sort of like "I'll insult you first before you can offend me" type stuff.

I've been there, I've seen it and done it. It was a bit redeeming to see him vulnerable and his friends kids are way too cute. They were hanging on him like a jungle gym.


We are also introduced to the fact that Santino is part African American (at least I think) which we didn't know before. There's a nice picture of his family when he was an infant and his mother is really beautiful.

Look at the innocence!

Ack! So cute!

How did the above baby end up wanting to flip off America (and parts of Canada?) on National TV? I mean I get that he wasn't flipping us off, but this shot:

seems to suggest otherwise...

God, I love Santino. It's a different love then my love for Andrae and Nick. This is a love based around my enjoyment of his ability to get away with things I couldn't.

*raises middle finger*

Santino, I salute you!

Back in New York, Daniel is working his tootie off and takes Tim shopping for a blazer. The segment on Daniel was a little repetitive since it talked about his coming out, but we did get to see some cute old photos of him...including one w/ a mohawk. Can't decide if that was better or worse then the mom hair.


Keep it long and shaggy babe...trust me...

It is reiterated however, that Daniel is a seriously fierce sketch artist. His fashion drawings are always stunning and have such attitude.

Loves it!

In Houston, Chloe has comandeered the garage at her parents house for working purposes...but no sketching.

We learn another interesting fact. As a child, Chloe's family lived in Laos and had to flee the country during the Vietnam war. Sort of an underground railroad type operation before making it to the US. I can't even imagine that ish...we're glad to have ya Chloe!

And her 7 sisters!...We get to see some pictures of them all together and hell if I can tell which one is her. My sister and I look nothing alike, and all 8 of them have similarities to one another...

Which one is Chloe? Kind of like What Happened to Andrae, no? I got money on either the second from the bottom or the fourth one down.

It's kind of like a game...pick the right sister and win a prize!

Don't get me started here though...

I have NO idea...

Any guesses?

This game is getting harder the more I type about it...

Okay, I'll throw you a bone, this one is pretty easy...now, Which One is Chloe??


I kid...really.

Yay, our designers are together again! Bravo kept previewing a rift between Santino and Chloe which lasted about two seconds in which Chloe told him he offended her and Santino saying he was sorry...at least essentially.

Santino also said something about reading all "the shitty blogs". I only started about a month ago, so I'm gonna assume I'm not on that list. Tino, I know some pretty awesome blogs if you need any suggestions;)

We have a whole new work room provided by Banana Republic where the designers will be hibernating until Fashion Week.

Tim likes Chloe's, Tim loves Santino's and Tim appears to be concerned about Daniel's.

Hold on, back up. Daniel is having problems?

Uh-oh, Tim looks perplexed. Daniel looks worried...but don't worry Daniel! It could be worse...

Tim could be looking at your designs like that. Be thankful for small favors.

The designers also got to choose models which was good fun. As we all know, they each got their own model, as well as others from PR and various models from other agencies.

I must maintain that it will forever be funny to see Chloe and Grace next to each other in a picture. Grace is about 6 feet tall and Chloe is about 4 foot nothing.

See? It's hilarious! What makes it even better is that it looks like they just hugged and Grace is still hunched a little bit while Chloe is still on her tippy toes. Chloe is snack size.

Shortly after the model choosing and Daniel V's angst over Tim's silence, we are delivered the big shocking news!

The designers, with two days left until Fashion Week and all of their other garments to alter, must create another design to make it thirteen total looks. Turns out the Project Runway producers are evil, much like wallpaper.

I think that parts of this "surprise" are just mean spirited. What's worse is calling it a surprise at all. Surprises generally have a positive conotation to them. There's nothing positive going on here:

I'm pretty sure Daniel's little smirk is either delirium, or how he looks when he's thinking about choking Heidi Klum...

But wait, there's more! And this is actually positive! The designers will be provided with an extra pair of hands.

Cue the appearance of Kara at the door. I immediately assume that they are bringing back the three most recently eliminated designers and my panties get all twisted because I think Nick and Andrae will be right behind her. And who's behind Kara? Lupe...of course...

Lucky for my panties, Nick and Andrae are right behind them accompanied by all the other designers. *waves to Emmett*

Chloe, Daniel and Santino must pick one other designer to assist them.

Daniel gets to choose first and true to form, he picks Nick (I actually yelled "Pick Nick!" at the TV...I'm learning to embrace my dorkitude)

Nick was surprised, but not me!

Both of my season two faves on a team together?

Shut.

Up.

I'm a happy viewer...

Santino chooses next and with a totally cute Timpression, picks Andrae. "Andrae...come here."


Ahhh...together again...

And, true to form, I laughed like a moron and openly declared my love for Andrae once more.

Lastly, Chloe picked Diana, thus breaking the hearts of ten other designers...

You can't eff with Dirty Diana, suckas!

So with a little less stress, the designers come up with sketches for their new dress before going shopping.

Next week, we get to see more about the new garment as well as the Fashion Week shows...I think that seeing the designs in motion will make a big difference.

Then we will have our winner. Exciting, no? I'm biased towards Daniel, but you should know that already...

I'd pray to the fabric gods...

...but Andrae's got me covered;)

6 Comments:

Blogger The Scarlett said...

Chloe is totally snack size!

10:59 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Tbone said...

Let's see if I got this right aj, Daniel has tootie and you've got twisted panties?

I think LK puts it best:

Hmmmmmmm........

11:12 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger katiecoo said...

Timpression! Love it! Thanks for the great recap.

2:18 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger eric3000 said...

No, I think Daniel is even hotter with his new hair. It makes him look younger. He may also be wearing foundation...suddenly his skin is luminous!

And Chloe is definitely second from the bottom in the photo. Cute picture, with all the sisters in their 30s (is she the second youngest?) But oy, what is with those tacky caricatures?

12:26 PM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Katey said...

You may have gotten your panties twisted, but did you piddle in them the way Daniel wants you to?

And yes, having Nick and Andrae back will make the entire world a better place.

6:51 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Jan the Dan Fan said...

Chloe pics:
1st--second from bottom
2nd--clueless as well
3rd--she's the one I want to be, next to Daniel V!
Seriously, he's a guy I would love to be cuddled with in a big cozey comforter just chatting away into the night about everything and anything....

I'm swooning...
Thanks aj!

9:21 PM, March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home