Naturally Blonde

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

I may play the fool at times but I'm a little more than just a pretty blonde girl with an ass that won't quit.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And Then There Were 4...Again - Project Runway 3, Episode 11

At least there were no fleurchons this time around.

And I didn't have to deal with the heartache of Kayne being booted a second time.

But was this essentially the same episode? Does it matter?

We're puppets on the Bravo string cuz we will watch this shit no matter what!

Yeah, I admit it.

I'm also admitting my newfound affection for Jeffrey.

I know, it's super exciting.

After looking at the fashion week collections, his was my favorite. Yeah, there's controversy, but it was still the most versatile and current collection in my opinion.

Sure he's still a total dick, but he also doesn't try not to be.

I also think I'm the only person that didn't hate his design this episode.

Where have we heard this before? Oh yeah...me talking about Kayne in almost every episode!

Am I going through Kayne withdrawl and taking it out in the form of Jeffrey?!

No...that's really not the case. I've just been on a rollercoaster ride with Jeffrey this season. At first, I was intrigued by the whole rock star thing and he kind of, sort of, a little bit looks like this guy I used to sort of, kind of, not really date but just "hung out" with during college. Then he was mediocre in the first challenges, then he became Captain A-Hole, then he sort of made a couple of cool garments while going at it with Bad Mommy (and while that's a bit of a dangerous notion, cuz Bad Mommy will cut you in half with a mild glare, it gets a tiny bit of strange respect from me), then he did the couture thing which almost made up for his crotch bedazzles, then he had 15-year olds everywhere thinking leather knee highs were hot shit and that's never good, but then I kind of fell in love with his final collection.

Plus, this...

...is ALWAYS fun and kind of endearing.

So aside from it being a total run-on sentence, I think I might be on Team Jeffrey.

Of course I'm also on Team Laura.

Laura is hot shit, there's no doubt.

And she's rocking a BPR tank, which had me completely geeking out at the TV.

But onto more important things...

During model choosing, Uli totally ganked Nazri from Michael...unfortch there were no walk-offs.

There were plenty of open-mouthed gawks though.

Oi...I miss Andrae right now!

You can tell Lindsay totally knows she's screwed.

Uli apologizes as Lindsay gets the boot and receives this...

I can FEEL the hate in this shot...it's fantastic!

Thank goodness Michael didn't totally break down a la Nick and carried on with Clarrissa.

I miss Nick.

Anyway, the designers hit Elle Magazine to hear about their challenge.

Using three words to describe their design aesthetic, they are to design a garment of their choosing.

I can't lie, I got excited...I wanted to see what everyone would do with no restrictions. I am but a foolish viewer though.

30 min to sketch, $250 for supplies. No stupid ass rules about using all the material.

Plus, the winner gets to have their look photographed for Elle's LOOK page by world renowed photographer Gilles Bensimon, a $100,000 contract with Wilhemina Models and a Cover Girl contract.

Dammit...I'm crossing shows again.

The designers also have to take pictures of their looks for a page with their words, which cuts their design time significantly.

Holy god, I love Uli.

And her picture of Nazri was hot.

It looks pretty editorial and you know those kids all had nice dreams that night. Team Uli!

I was also a fan of the shot that Jeffrey took of his model on the rickshaw. I couldn't find a pic though.

Clarissa looks like a bitch.

Yeah, maybe she hated the dress, but she kind of looks like this all the time. Check past episodes...she's mining diamonds in her ass or something.

Smile bitch...Michael kept you in this shit!

So the designers chose three words for their collections and I can't remember any of them. I could look them up, but I don't want to. Naturally, I'll make up my own.

Uli won the challenge, so she's up first.

Hippy, Trippy and Fro

Jeffrey:

Patriotic, Potato Sack, Velour

Laura:

Clavicle, Itty Bitty Titties, Fabulously Glamorous

And finally, Michael:

Booty, booty, booty

Smile bitch!

It was down to Michael and Jeffrey, and I didn't think there was any way they'd boot Jeffrey, so I was getting all upset for Michael.

I thought they were going to dump him right before OFW and that was not okay since I've been on Team Michael since his coffee filter dress.

Then the sneaky ass producers kept everyone for fashion week...

...and there was much rejoicing.

Look, even Jeffrey and Bad Mommy are getting along!
So much love...it warms my heart.

Yeah, I know I said I'm on everyone's "Team" this recap. Because I am. I'm stumped as to who will win this thing.

Now that Kayne is gone, everyone is my favorite. So there Bravo!

I'm not picking a favorite...and you can't make me.

I'm like a five year old right now.

Next week we have the reunion...I hope the cosmos are flowing as much as last year...or at least give Bonnie some narcotics so that a totally non-threatening player on the show turns bat-shit crazy by episode end ;)

God I miss Lupe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home