Naturally Blonde

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

I may play the fool at times but I'm a little more than just a pretty blonde girl with an ass that won't quit.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wall-to-Wall...Bitchery?? Project Runway, Season 3...Episode 1

FYI: there are no pics cuz blogger is being totally unhelpful here. I'll try to add some later on, but no promises as I have the technical savvy of a newt.

Hooray! Project Runway is back and early too!

Could it get better?

Of course it can! We have 15 designers, most of whom are cocky, bitchy and relatively established in the industry. So on top of big, moody personalities, we will also have a tight race as far as talent goes.

I guess I'll start with my first impressions...at least of those I think are noteable...I'll go deeper as the show progresses...probably...

Bradley- Is it strange to think that a 32-year old man with a scraggly beard is absolutely adorable? He's a total pothead (I think). All mellowed out and kind of free, but his face is totally darling! I thought his video collection was beautiful as well not to mention completely endearing. We'll see how he fares on the show, but I have a dorky crush on him already.

Malan- Does he remind anyone else of an evil Disney character? Kind of like Jafar from Alladin, but instead of wanting magical genie powers, he was everyone to dress well and have creepy slicked black hair. He's got the snide villian attitude down pretty pat. However, since he tried out twice before, was denied once and declined once, I'm a bit wary of how he'll do. Plus, his bitchiness sets him up for some serious Santino-like moments.

Laura- Momma K, is that you?...lol She is impeccably dressed at all times and I can't help but respect someone like that. Especially considering I'm in sweatpants most of the time lately to go over my stupid cast. Laura seems like she could be a stone-cold bitch at the drop of a hat. I like it.

Keith- Jude Law is that you?? Will his menswear background hinder him a la Emmett? Not if the first episode is any indication, but his bitchery is fantastic.

Robert- Barbie's stylist has entered the building and I am THRILLED! Cannot wait to see more of him!

Kayne- I came into the show ready to hate all the glitter and sparkle Kayne was bound to put on his designs based on his pageant background. I'm happy he's proven me wrong already. I'll get more into his fabulous design momentarily.

Jeffrey- I think I'm a fan solely based on the fact that he looks like a guy I used to hook-up with. Older and a lot rougher-looking, but the resemblance is there. Kind of sexy in an "If I ever brought him home my mom would die in shock" kind of way.

But I do have to say, Jeffery when you are quoting your resume of celebrity clients it may not be the smartest idea to include Ms. Spears on that list. At least not as of late. Aerosmith? Shut the eff up, I'd die to design clothes for them. Gwen Stefani?? She is a total style maven who starts trends single-handedly and always looks amazing.

But Britney?

I mean, it's been quite a time since she's presented herself in a way that one would want to associate their stylings with. But whatev...I'm no judge.

Let's move on to the episode...hey Heidi! She can actually drink champagne.

So the designers are going to tear apart their apartments. Sort of like Clothes Off Your Back but instead of an outfit, it's your home...or at least your temporary home.

My foreshadowing tells me that the apartments will remain in the state the designers leave them in. Good thing my foreshadowing sense is almost always right. It keeps the surprises on the low end.

Malan is all "What's wrong with these people tearing apart the apartments?" Yet his villian ass ends up with all the tweedy knitted material for his top and purse. You know he beat someone down for that off camera. Et tu Malan? What's wrong with you?

It's too early to comment on the work time. Too many people. Makes my brain hurt. Except Stacey...if you didn't know how to sew, what made you think you could be a designer? Hand sewing is fine and all, but fa real, did you really expect to win this thing?

The designs on the runway were stellar as a whole. I'm impressed so far...I mean, aside from a basket hat or so.

My favorites were Kayne, Robert, Angela, Uli, Laura and Keith.

Kayne- Holy crap! His was AMAZING! The back was absolutely beautiful and the detailing was so intricate. That intricacy mixed with wonderful color use and the back of his dress...don't get me started! I thought he used his materials the best to make a really detailed piece that still outlined his material useage. I thought he should have been one of the top designers if not the winner. And to think...I was all set to hate his designs based solely on sequins!

Robert- Oh so cute! I can't get over how sweet his dress ended up. The necklace front and the bow in the back. It was a really special dress. He's going to be a fantastic designer to watch.

Angela- I didn't hear a lot of people loving hers, but I thought her use of the leather and the peep-shirt were great. It looked kind of arts and craftsy but really high fashion as well.

Uli's use of the beading as a necklace front ended up gorgeous! The line of the dress looked so long and really elegant.

How on earth did Laura end up with an elegant, fur-trimmed jacket from all that junk in the rooms?! Couldn't you just see some fabulously dressed 70's icon wearing that coat to Studio 54 or something? I just don't know if she can get away with anymore kitsch then that. However, as sharp dressed as she is, I think this kitsch is a one time thing.

Keith/Jude- Naturally, I thought it was too fabricky to use bed sheets. The dress looked beautiful considering he claims to have never done womenswear before. Is Jude pulling a fast one on us? I think that there were better dresses and outfits that used the materials better and still looked fashionable, but my name isn't Nina, Kate, Heidi or Michael.

My favorite, hands-down was Kayne's, followed closely by Robert. I cannot wait to see more of them.

Jeffrey in the bottom two...are you serious? The judges said it was "too much". I thought we wanted more here, hence immunity. In my opinion the dress was really beautiful. The jacket was a nice touch as well. It's probable that it looked unfinished because of time constraints but it was far superior in detail to Vincent's (which was basically a tube dress with a braided halter).

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see what Vincent's batty mind has for us next, but I didn't like the first attempt.

Like I said before, almost all of the designs were high fashion and attractive. Stacey was an aobvious choice with her lack of experience, but this season seems to be shaping up to be a REALLY close call.

And it's only episode 1!

This is a PR fans dream come true. And this season comes complete with a boot-off!

Who will it be? Keith/Jude mentioned something about sabotage in the previews, did he not? Malan has evil genius written all over him. Vincent could crack at any time and Michael might choke a bitch with coffee filters.

Only time, and Tim, will tell ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger eric3000 said...

He is totally a cartoon character. That is why I'm referring to him as Mulan!

4:15 PM, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home