Naturally Blonde

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

I may play the fool at times but I'm a little more than just a pretty blonde girl with an ass that won't quit.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Drawn Out Drama - Project Runway 3, Finale Part 1

Drama, drama, drama.

It's week one of the finale and thankfully most of the clothes look hot as hell.

We'll get to that in a minute though.

The designers are given two months and a shit ton of money to make a collection for Bryant Park.

Ready?? Go!!

Jeffrey's all "Peace bitches, I'm going to win this!"

Tim gets to visit all of the contestants at home to see how they are doing.

He also get to pretend he enjoys driving around the country in an itty-bitty Saturn.

This car is seriously tiny. When he got out of it, I thought it looked like a toy.

Oh well, I'd totally still drive it, so why am I hating?

Tim visits Michael first in Atlanta...

Michael's family is adorable!

Tim was slightly concerned about Michael's lack of continuity for his collection as well as all of the blingy elements.

Kayne say wha?

It's all good though, because Tim got some good ol' Southern cooking in Hotlanta.

One of these things is not like the other?

They even made him sit in a different kind of chair...lol

Looks like fun though. Southern cooking is the shit.

Tim probably took like 5 spinning classes to burn off the calories...lol

Next, Tim hit's NYC to visit Laura's sweet ass house...

...and her matronlyish collection.

I can't even lie though, I kind of want that long green jacket.

Matronly or not, I'd rock that shit.

Tim tells Laura to make it more youthful...duh.

But seriously, how great were Laura's kids?! Turtle poop and hand shakes all around!

They are too cute, and she's having a fifth boy and sixth kid total...INSANE!

Her husband kind of looks like Albert Einstein.

I dig it.

Uli and her Miami hotness is next.

Gorgeous, no?

I want to live in Uli's apartment when I grow up. For serious.

It's beautiful...and so were her designs.

I really like all of the prints mixed with the harshness of the bone closures.

Too cool and I can't wait to see them all in motion.

I've never seen Tim so casual! He should take his shoes off more often ;)

Tim heads to LA next to see Jeffrey and his family.

Holy crap! Harrison Detroit is the cutest!

The curly blonde hair? So precious!

Tim and Jeff hop into the Runway-mobile to check out Jeffrey's big ass studio.

I LOVE this dress!

I loved it when I saw the pics from Bryant Park, but had no clue the detailing was zippers.

It's beautiful and creative and I love it.

Jeffrey has made me a believer. No...really.

The designers converge back in NYC at Flatotel to wait it out for Fashion Week, model pick and tweak any last minute issues.

The model picking was cool...hey Amanda!

Jeffrey's idea to use wigs was a good one. A lot of established designers do this or use similar techniques to focus more on the clothes.

Now...onto the mad drama.

Laura thinks Jeffrey had help sewing his garments and brings the issue up with Tim.

If you didn't know this, too bad. Now you do.

Tim will look into the issue and we have to wait until next week to find out what actually happened.

I think that if you are a talented sewer, then it's completely possible to make a whole, perfect collection in two months. Plus, he was nearly done when Tim visited, but what do I know?

We will know more next week. Or something.

I think that Jeffrey has the most creative and cohesive collection as far as I can tell at this point, but is it his or not and will it really matter in the long run? Michael's been set to take this whole thing since day one.

Waiting to see the designs in motion.

Until then, save the drama for your mama ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Alden V said...

ah, yes... an unbiased recap. cool read. getting tired of the bitchy/ whiny recaps and commentaries... that are getting caught up by the hype.

can't wait for next week!!!

6:05 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Susan said...

THANK YOU for not yah-yahing about how horrible Laura or saintly Jeffrey. Comments I've read elsewhere are just bad. I would love to find more commentary on the fashion; however, the producers chose to dedicate the past episode to routine drama. Eesh.

9:37 AM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger The Enforcer said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the "chartreuse popsicle". I'd TOTALLY rock that shit! I love Laura...she needs to put that coat into production.

Nice job AJ! Thanks for adding your take! =)

2:38 PM, October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home